Winter Weather Bulletins Issued: Heavy, wet snow likely for Tuesday & Wednesday
A winter storm warning for the Black Hills is in effect, and a winter weather advisory has been issued for other regions
This system will move into the region around midnight tonight and cause travel impacts in portions of our region. Let’s break it down
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RAPID CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR THE BLACK HILLS
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RAPID CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
- Starting midnight tonight, snow will begin to move into the Black Hills region
- A mix of rain and snow will be likely from Tuesday morning stretching into Wednesday evening
- Higher elevations look to see higher snow amounts, hence the warning to the Black Hills
- There will be two main waves, Tuesday morning into Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning into Wednesday afternoon
- This is a ballpark estimate of what certain regions may expect from this system by the time all is said and done.
- The eastern foothills, including Rapid City, could see locally higher amounts due to up-slope enhancement.
- Use caution if you must travel on I-90 between Spearfish and Rapid city specifically, areas East of the Black Hills will see very little impacts
Stick with Newscenter1, we will update you with the latest, Winter is not done with us yet! Be sure to check on road conditions before you head out the door.