Weekend Anchor/Multimedia Journalist
NewsCenter1 (KNBN-TV) in Rapid City has an immediate opening for a weekend anchor/multimedia journalist for an energetic small-market news team.
This position oversees the NewsCenter1 weekend news operation, works closely with the weekday assignment editor to create a weekend assignment plan, gathers stories, produces, and anchors the single Saturday and Sunday newscasts at 10:00 p.m. The position also reports three weekdays per week.
While this position has a broadcast focus, it is also responsible for generating content for all of NewsCenter1’s distribution outlets.
Our reporters usually function as one-man bands. Therefore, the successful applicant is a motivated, self-directed person who works well alone but functions smoothly as part of a team.
Strong writing skills and dynamic camera presence are a must.
Reports to: Executive Producer
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Shoot and cover scheduled or breaking news events, as assigned
- Report, produce, and anchor weekend newscasts
- With weekday assignment editor, manage weekend assignments for weekend staff
- Write copy and edit video and sound for assigned stories for use on all of NewsCenter1’s distribution outlets
- Generate story ideas, including video and interview possibilities
- Assist with writing copy for newscasts
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years newsroom experience or commensurate collegiate experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related degree field
- Strong editorial judgement
- Strong written and visual storytelling skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Premiere Pro or similar non-linear editing system, electronic news production system.
Please send resumes to email@example.com