Wednesday forecast and Schroeder Fire Update: Critical fire conditions return Thursday
Weather conditions expected to slightly improve Wednesday for firefighting efforts, but only temporarily.
- Weather conditions expected to slightly improve Wednesday for firefighting efforts, but only temporarily.
- Winds will pick back up this afternoon from the northwest, 10-15 with gusts up to 25… 30 for the plains.
- Relative humidity values will hover between 15%-25% across the area – so still very dry.. Temperatures will climb to the 40s and 50s.
- A FIRE WEATHER WATCH has been issued by the National Weather Service for West River and the Black Hills for Thursday
- This is due to winds from the southwest gusting up to 35 MPH in the afternoon, combined with warming temps into the 50s and 60s and RH values near 10-15%.
Here is the latest information on the Schroeder fire as of 8 AM Wednesday from the Schroeder Fire 2021 Facebook Page
Safety: Many road closures are in place. For closure area updates, please visit: the Pennington County Sheriff’s Facebook page at
. The public is asked to avoid traveling on roads in the vicinity of the fire for their own safety and the safety of firefighters.
Newscenter1 will continue to provide updates as they become available.