Water/wastewater assistance available in South Dakota

PIERRE, S.D. — Assistance through the Department of Social Services may be available for South Dakota families whose water/wastewater service has been disconnected or who are at risk of losing access to water service.

“Water/wastewater service is key to maintaining a habitable and healthy home,” said DSS Cabinet Secretary Laurie Gill. “If your service has been disconnected, you have been notified of pending service disconnection, or you have overdue water service bills, there may be help available.”

Water/wastewater assistance is available for low-income individuals and families and eligibility is based on the number of people in the home, as well as income.

Applications are currently being accepted, and those wishing to apply can contact their Community Action Agency:

  • Inter-Lakes Community Action in Brookings, Clark, Codington, Deuel, Grant, Hamlin, Kingsbury, Lake, McCook, Miner, Minnehaha and Moody Counties
  • Grow South Dakota in Beadle, Brown, Campbell, Day, Edmunds, Faulk, Hand, Hughes, Hyde, McPherson, Marshall, Potter, Roberts, Spink, Stanley, Sully and Walworth Counties
  • Rural Office of Community Services in Aurora, Bon Homme, Brule, Buffalo, Charles Mix, Clay, Davison, Douglas, Gregory, Hanson, Hutchinson, Jerauld, Jones, Lincoln, Lyman, Mellette, Sanborn, Todd, Tripp, Turner, Yankton and Union Counties
  • Western South Dakota Community Action in Bennett, Butte, Corson, Custer, Dewey, Fall River, Haakon, Harding, Jackson, Lawrence, Meade, Perkins, Oglala Lakota, Pennington and Ziebach Counties
Categories: South Dakota News