UPGRADE: Enhanced (3/5) risk for severe weather Wednesday afternoon & evening
Areas south of I-90 could see large hail, gusty winds and even an isolated tornado Wednesday afternoon and evening. Hot Springs, Edgemont, Oelrichs and Pine Ridge could see particularly intense thunderstorms.
- Strong to severe thunderstorms will be possible Wednesday afternoon and evening.
- These are expected to fire off in northeastern Wyoming between 1-3 PM and push their way into the Black hills by this afternoon and evening.
- Larger than quarter sized hail, 60+ MPH wind gusts and prolific lightning are expected to be the main impacts.
- An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out – particularly for the areas highlighted in orange.
- Short range guidance suggests that large thunderstorm clusters, or even supercells could form along the main line between 2-6 pm
- Anywhere along or South of I-90 could see the development of these particularly intense isolated thunderstorms.
Have multiple ways to receive warnings – you can download the Nc1 weather app for up to date severe weather information and radar.
Stay safe… make sure to check in for the latest weather information.