Tuesday Forecast Discussion: NW winds bring drier weather
Showers will end west to East this afternoon and evening, with windy conditions giving way to clear and sunny days the rest of the week.
- Showers and even a few thunderstorms are pushing through the far eastern portions of our area this morning. Here’s a look at the current radar.
- Showers will start to end West to East, and as the sun comes out it’ll mix winds aloft to the surface.
- Sustained winds of 25-35 MPH will be likely across Western South Dakota and maybe portions of NE Wyoming.
- Some gusts could push the 40-50 MPH mark, but so far no wind advisories have been posted by the National Weather Service in Rapid City.
- High Temperatures this afternoon will be generally in the 50s and 60s across the region.
- A sweatshirt may be warranted, depending on your threshold for windy, cooler conditions!
- By Tuesday night, we should be fully cleared out and rain will be shifting East River.
- Breezy conditions are still expected to continue into Wednesday morning and afternoon.