Thursday Forecast Discussion: More pop-up snow showers in the Hills
A little less widely spread out today, snow showers will still cross areas of the Black Hills with some of the heavier pockets leaving quick, light accumulations.
- Another cool day with temperatures in the 20s and 30s, with a few snow showers expected across the area.
- Higher elevations of the Black Hills could see a few robust snow showers, bringing light accumulations to isolated pockets.
We are expecting a few snow showers early this morning across Southern portions of our area, so I’ve included live radar so you can track it.
- Snow showers wont be as widespread as they were yesterday, but could still see a few on and off pockets blow through much like yesterday.
- Otherwise, partly to mostly cloudy skies, though I suspect the sun will try to make an appearance and warm things up for a few of us.
- Looks like the Central and Southern Hills could see a few robust pockets of snow shower activity, which could leave some folks dazed with 1″-2″ of snow very quickly, before moving on lkike it never happened.
- This will continue into this evening, where most areas will start seeing clearing skies and quieter conditions.
- Temperatures overnight will be on the chilly side, with teens and 20s once again expected across the majority of the area.
- Make sure you bundle up Friday morning, as things will be on the chilly side.
- The good news is we’re expecting plenty of sunshine on Friday, with temperatures in the 40s and 50s by the afternoon.
- Dry conditions should hold together on Saturday as well.
- Saturday night into Sunday, we’re looking at the increased probability of a few snow/rain showers moving through, with some light accumulations possible.
- Temperatures will quickly rebound next week, with 60s and even a few 70s looking likely : )
- I’ve even thrown in a chance for a few thundershowers on Wednesday of next week – just to get us in the mood for Spring. Be safe out there! – Brant