Three Keystone businesses fail alcohol compliance checks
PENNINGTON COUNTY, S.D. — The Pennington County Sheriff’s Office conducted a compliance check Tuesday on six businesses in Keystone.
However, three of those businesses failed the checks and were caught selling alcohol to the underage informants. An employee at each of these businesses was issued a citation for a violation of South Dakota codified law 35-9-1.1.
- Powder House Lodge- 24125 Highway 16A Keystone
- Barlee’s Bar- 253 Swanzey Street, Keystone
- Ruby House Tavern- 126 Winter Street Keystone
- Keystone Country Store- 408 1st Street Keystone
- Last Mile Brewery- 221 Swanzey Street, Keystone
- Guadalajaras- 217 Winter Street, Keystone
PCSO is reminding establishments that selling alcohol to a minor is a Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by 30 days in jail and/or a $500 fine. A first offense could cost the business a $1,000 fine and a $2,000 fine for a second offense. A third offense will result in the loss of a liquor and/or beer license.