Storm Buffet: Unsettled weather through Sunday evening possible
Storms look likely through the weekend, but there are likely some dry spots
- A few spots today could reach 80°, but most will hang around the 70s into this afternoon with mostly sunny skies
- Storms will start rumbling their way over from Wyoming around 3 PM, but should hold off from the Black Hills until later this evening
- We have a Marginal (1/5) Risk for strong thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, particularly in Wyoming.
- Given our lack of heat, I’m not sold on huge potential for severe weather here over the next couple days save for two specific waves I’m watching starting Friday
- Friday will have isolated thunderstorm activity throughout the day, even possibly as you’re drinking your coffee in the morning
- Towards the evening however, a stout line of showers and thunderstorms looks likely around the 5-10 PM hour
- These look fairly potent, with heavy rain and flash flooding being the main threats with this system.
- Saturday morning may feature some of these leftover thunderstorms from Friday evening.
- A general chance of isolated thunderstorm activity will be possible this weekend, but its not a complete washout as of yet, still could have a little break possibly in the early to late Saturday morning before activity picks back up again.
- For those of you hoping to attend the Fall River County Hot Air Balloon Festival this weekend, there’s still a good chance the event could stay dry for the most part.
- Friday night and Sunday night are my main concerns for a more widespread area of thunderstorm activity
The timeline is… a little messy admittedly. It could easily shift over the next 24-48 hours, so I wouldn’t cancel any plans necessarily for this weekend just yet. Once we get past Sunday’s cold front, much cooler temperatures await the beginning part of next week, with highs possibly in the mid to upper 60s at best. We’ll keep you guys updated on this weekends forecast as more information becomes available, we’ll be sure to post more information Friday morning on the updated forecast! Until then, stay safe out there, Still could have a few strong ones this evening! – Brant