Sponsors announced for RCAS Academies
RAPID CITY, S.D. — This year, the Rapid City Area School District unveiled their “Academies and Pathways” approach designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to transition beyond high school.
The program works to build connections with employers, higher-learning institutions, community-based organizations, and families, as well as to create a Kindergarten-thru-12th Grade approach to career awareness and exploration bolstered by enhanced course offerings.
RCAS announced on Friday that sponsors have been secured for each of the RCAS Academies. Each sponsor will give funds annually for the next five years to support the Academies.
The Academies are:
- Elevate Rapid City Academy of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Hospitality
- Midco Academy of Computer Arts and Sciences
- Scull Construction Academy of Construction and Technical Trades
- Monument Health Academy of Health Services
- Academy of Human Services and Education (funding provided by community-based partners)
- RAMA Academy of Science & Engineering (in memory of Vijaya Ramakrishnan)
Funds will be used for student support – such as career and technical student organizations, industry certifications, and dual credit scholarships – teacher support like professional learning and certifications, industry equipment, and outreach materials.
Click here for more information on the Rapid City Areas Schools Academies and Pathways approach.