Snow showers Tuesday: A midweek break before more likely on Friday
Trace amounts are expected today for most of our area, but that may not be the case for this Friday
Some light snow today, but perhaps a quick midweek break before we’re back into an unsettled patter, lets discuss
John Quiggle – Buffalo Grazing in the fresh snowfall, thanks so much for sending this in John! Obviously the Buffalo don’t mind a little snow.
- Trace amounts of snow today are possible along and South of I-90 today, with temperatures reaching 20 degrees in some spots.
- Areas near the Nebraska border, the central part of the state and East river can expect a little bit more, perhaps several inches
- Snow moves out tonight and temperatures slightly recover going into Wednesday, with mid 20’s and partly sunny skies.
- Thursday is much of the same drier weather, before clouds start to move in Thursday afternoon, with it the chance of snow showers
- Friday is tricky, as the system in question does bring a good amount of energy, but its location will determine much of what we see
- So far, the Southern and Eastern portions of our area look to receive the bulk of whatever we might see, with temperatures dipping back down into the teens
- A break looks like for the weekend, with temperatures in the mid 20’s and some possible sunshine
- Monday brings another system, and more chances for snow. Additionally, chilly temperatures look likely once again. It would seem February will go out with an icy slide
Expected temperatures over the next 48 hours across the state
Futurecast for the next 48 hours
The Rapid City traffic cameras have not updated since 2/12/21
Rapid City - North
Rapid City - South