Snow & Rain moving in: Light accumulations possible
Today will be a breezy, blustery day with rain and snow showers, but conditions look to improve
- A mix of rain and snow will be likely in Rapid City throughout the day with breezy conditions. A waterproof windbreaker is the key here
- A quick burst of cold air could mean the difference between no accumulations and a quick buildup of slushy roads, so just use caution.
- 0-1″ is a reasonable estimate for Rapid City, it could very well be that we see all rain today.
- As you go higher in elevation, the more likely you are to see a little more snow and less rain. I think 3″ will be the most anyone sees, perhaps even a 4″ mark out there somewhere.
- Mostly rain for the plains, areas North of I-90 may see little to no precipitation at all.
- Precipitation quickly moves out through the overnight hours, leaving us dry and cool with cloudy skies.
- Thursday morning could feature some foggy areas, before the sun breaks through by the lunch hour.
- Notice that by Thursday afternoon, temperatures are pushing almost 60°
- Although most may not see 60°, high 50’s look likely and generally a nice Thursday on tap for us.
- Conditions improve temperature wise, pushing the mid to high 60’s by Friday and Saturday.
- A weak system could spoil the fun on Saturday, with some chances for rain showers going into Sunday
- Sunday and Monday look relatively dry, before another system, and cooler weather look likely for the middle portion of next week.