Snow possible early next week for the higher elevations of the Black Hills
- Snow. . Yes – it’s possible early next week. We’re going from 98° on Saturday to highs in the upper 40s by Tuesday. Let’s break down what we know.
- Temperatures are going to go from the 90s on Saturday to the 40s by Tuesday￼. Overnight temperatures on Monday and Tuesday are going to push the mid 30s in Rapid City, the higher elevations will see even colder temperatures.
- High pressure to our Northeast will funnel both chilly and moisture rich air with easterly winds￼￼.
- This, combined with a south to north trajectory in the jet stream across the Colorado front range will run straight into the well below normal temperatures from Canada.
- Anything beyond three days in snow forecasting is really pushing the limits, so we’ll have a much better idea of any potential impacts by Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned!