SD DOH confirms new COVID-19 cases in Lawrence, Pennington counties
PIERRE, S.D. — Updated numbers from the South Dakota Department of Health have confirmed new positive cases of COVID-19 in Lawrence County and Pennington County.
Lawrence County is now listed as having 2 positive cases. Pennington County has been listed as having 2 more cases, bringing the count there to 3. All of the listed cases are considered to be community spread.
The Rosebud Sioux Tribe confirmed a case in Todd County on Thursday night.
As of Friday morning there are 58 confirmed cases in South Dakota, with 1 death and 21 listed as recovered.
The DOH would like to remind everyone that there are ways to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Self-isolate if you are 65 years of age, have a compromised immune system, or a medical condition such as diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease.
- Everyone is urged to stay home.
- Wash your hands for at least twenty seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people that are sick.
- Maintain 6 ft. distance with others and avoid groups of 10 or more.
- Stay away from work, school, or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms, fever, or cough.