Rush to open home schedule for 2020-21 season on Oct. 23
RAPID CITY, S.D. – The Rapid City Rush announced their home schedule for the 2020-21 season.
The 36-game home schedule opens Friday, Oct. 23 against the Utah Grizzlies.
As a matter of fact, it’s first of five straight games at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
All but six home games are against Mountain Division opponents.
In January, the Rush welcome the Brampton Beast back to the Black Hills for the first time since November of 2017.
The Rush will also host the Kalamazoo Wings in late February.
This will mark the first time these two clubs have ever played in Rapid City.
“We’ve played Kalamazoo several years,” Rush head coach Daniel Tetrault said. “A couple of years in Kalamazoo. They’ll be in town. The fans have never seen them. Brampton, there were in the Central Hockey League days in the league. They’ve been here a couple times I think. But it’s been a couple of years.”
A heavy portion of the Rush’s schedule is on the weekends with 13 homes games on Friday and 14 home games on Saturday.
Rapid city has a balanced schedule with around five home games per month except for March when the rush have eight home games on the schedule.
“Well I think it’s a great schedule,” Tetrault said. “Again we start on the road like we did last season and I think that’s a good thing. Guys get to jell together. Get some team bonding early in the season. Then in the end of October, come here for the home stretch. We’ve got a lot of homes games in March I saw which is great at the end of the season when you’re playing for a playoff push. You need those home games. So no complaints here on my end.”
Rapid City finished last season with a 29-25-5-1 record and in fifth place in the Mountain Division.
But the season was cut short because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Below is the 2020-21 Rapid City Rush home schedule:
OCTOBER (5 Games)
- Friday, October 23rd vs Utah Grizzlies (HOME OPENER)
- Saturday, October 24th vs Utah Grizzlies
- Wednesday, October 28th vs Kansas City Mavericks
- Friday, October 30th vs Kansas City Mavericks
- Saturday, October 31st vs Kansas City Mavericks
NOVEMBER (6 Games)
- Wednesday, November 11th vs Allen Americans
- Friday, November 13th vs Allen Americans
- Saturday, November 14th vs Allen Americans
- Wednesday, November 25th vs Idaho Steelheads (Thanksgiving Week)
- Friday, November 27th vs Idaho Steelheads (Thanksgiving Week)
- Saturday, November 28th vs Idaho Steelheads (Thanksgiving Week)
DECEMBER (5 Games)
- Wednesday, December 2nd vs Tulsa Oilers
- Friday, December 4th vs Tulsa Oilers
- Saturday, December 5th vs Tulsa Oilers
<HOLIDAY BREAK December 23rd-25th>
- Saturday, December 26th vs Kansas City Mavericks
- Sunday, December 27th vs Kansas City Mavericks (7:05 p.m. puck drop)
JANUARY (5 Games)
- Wednesday, January 6th vs Brampton Beast
- Friday, January 8th vs Brampton Beast
- Saturday, January 9th vs Brampton Beast
<ALL-STAR BREAK-Jacksonville-January 19th-21st>
- Friday, January 22nd vs Allen Americans
- Saturday, January 23rd vs Allen Americans
FEBRUARY (5 Games)
- Friday, February 12th vs Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday, February 13th vs Utah Grizzlies
- Wednesday, February 17th vs Kalamazoo Wings (“School Day Game”, 10:35 a.m. puck drop)
- Friday, February 19th vs Kalamazoo Wings
- Saturday, February 20th vs Kalamazoo Wings
MARCH (8 Games)
- Friday, March 5th vs Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday, March 6th vs Utah Grizzlies
- Sunday, March 7th vs Utah Grizzlies
- Friday, March 12th vs Wichita Thunder
- Saturday, March 13th vs Wichita Thunder
- Sunday, March 14th vs Wichita Thunder
- Friday, March 19th vs Tulsa Oilers
- Saturday, March 20th vs Tulsa Oilers
APRIL (2 Games)
- Friday, April 2nd vs Idaho Steelheads
- Saturday, April 3rd vs Idaho Steelheads (FINAL HOME GAME)