Rapid City services adjusted for Thanksgiving holiday week
RAPID CITY, SD — According to Rapid City officials, city offices will be closed Thursday the 28th and Friday the 29th of November in recognition of the Thanksgiving holiday. The City Hall facility will also be closed Thursday and Friday.
Hours of operation for other city facilities and services during Thanksgiving Week include:
- Solid Waste: Trash collection schedule will be altered during the holiday week. Normal trash collection is on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Thursday’s collection is set for Wednesday, leave out until collected. The Landfill will be closed Thanksgiving Day. UPDATE : The city has announced that Wednesday and Thursday should both be set out one day early. Wednesday set out on Tuesday, Thursday set out on Wednesday, and both should leave their trash and recycling out until collected.
- Rapid Transit: Services will be suspended Thursday and Friday.
- Rapid City Public Libraries: Both locations of the Rapid City Public Library, the downtown library at 610 Quincy Street and the north library at 10 Van Buren Street, will close at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 27 and will be closed Thursday for Thanksgiving. With the extended school break, the downtown library will host Disney’s Frozen Jr. Story Time with the Cherry Street Players Tuesday the 26th from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Rushmore Plaza Civic Center: The facility will be closed Thursday and will open Friday at noon for Friday and weekend events.
- Roosevelt Swim Center: The Rapid City Swim Center is closed on Thanksgiving Day and will host open swim hours today Monday through Friday (minus Thanksgiving Day) from 1:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. and will operate normal hours on Wednesday and Friday with no land or water fitness classes either day.
- Roosevelt Ice Arena: The facility will be closed Thanksgiving Day. With the extended school break, the facility will host public skate hours Thanksgiving Week from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Rapid City Regional Airport: The Airport will be open Thanksgiving with administrative offices closed both Thursday and Friday. The public is encouraged to check with the respective airlines for travel updates.
- Rapid City Police and Fire Departments: RCPD and RCFD will operate regular shifts Thanksgiving Day. Administrative offices for both departments will be closed Thursday and Friday.