Rapid City Schools vaccine policy
Rapid City Area Schools (RCAS) issued a statement reminding parents of the vaccination requirements for children to attend area schools. Children must be vaccinated before entering Kindergarten and have 2-weeks and again upon entering the 6th grade.
Kindergarten students who are not vaccinated on the first day of school will not be allowed to attend.
6th-grade students will be allowed two weeks after the first day of school to provide immunization records; otherwise, they will be excluded from class.
South Dakota Vaccine Requirements
- 4 or more doses of diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus (with at least one dose administered on or after the age of 4)
- 4 or more doses of poliovirus vaccine (with at least one dose administered on or after the age of 4)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR) or submit serological evidence of immunity.
- 2 doses of varicella vaccine.
- Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine
- Meningococcal ACYW (MCV4) vaccine
If you have questions about the vaccines or District policy, RCAS is encouraging parents to reach out to their school nurse.