Rapid City releases August permit and valuation report
RAPID CITY, S.D. — Rapid City’s Building Services Division released the August permit and valuation report Tuesday that says 237 building permits were issued in August with a total valuation of $15.73 million.
The city has issued a total of 1,907 building permits so far in 2022 with a combined valuation of $295.87 million. That total eclipses the January-to-August valuation from 2021 with 3,111 building permits issued with a combined valuation total of $245.82 million.
“The valuation total for the year remains solid. We saw an easing in terms of number of permits issued and our valuation totals for July and August, similar to the valuation totals for July and August we experienced in 2018,” said City Community Development Director Vicki Fisher. “That being said, our staff continues to be busy with inquiries, walk-ins and questions. We may be seeing some impacts of inflation on the numbers and we’ll continue to monitor activity month to month.”
Top-valued permits issued in August include:
- CPP Rushmore II LLC with Dean Kurtz Construction as contractor for alterations to the Meyer Dana Orthodontics facility at 1165 Eglin Street for $1,420,000
- Rapid City Marlin LLC with Siemonsma Construction as contractor for a six-plex apartment building at 3028 Tarheels Loop for $667,786
- A single family dwelling with attached garage with Cousin Construction as contractor at 5412 Berglund Road for $650,959
- A single family dwelling with attached garage with Rangel Construction as contractor at 4162 Scotland Hills Court for $647,966
- A single family dwelling with attached garage with Lage Construction as contractor at 5655 Villaggio Lane for $585,179