Rapid City Police implementing robbery strike force
RAPID CITY, S.D. — The Rapid City Police Department is investigating 12 business robberies in the Black Hills area that have occurred in the last month.
Following two cases that occurred over the weekend, the police have placed two suspects under arrest in connection with the robberies. The police already have one suspect in custody who they believe is in connection with four of the robberies.
Shannon Larive, 25, and 36-year-old Karmen Englert who are both Rapid City residents, were taken into custody after a vehicle pursuit during the evening hours of March 23.
Larive, who was driving the vehicle, fled after he parked in the area of Herman Street. In the foot pursuit, police found that he dropped a handgun that’s believed to have been used in the robberies.
After speaking with detectives of the RCPD’s Criminal Investigation Division, Larive has been arrested on five counts of First Degree Robbery while Englert, a passenger in the vehicle, was placed under arrest and charged with four counts of Accessory to First Degree Robbery.
The following is a list of the string of robberies that began on Feb. 22.
· 2/22, 10:40 p.m. – Armed robbery at 2215 Haines Avenue (convenience store). Michael Daker arrested.
· 3/3, 2:20 a.m. – Armed robbery at 1601 Haines Avenue (convenience store). Michael Daker arrested.
· 3/11, 11:30 p.m. – Armed robbery at 620 Latrobe Avenue (hotel). Michael Daker arrested.
· 3/13, 12:30 a.m. – Armed robbery at 601 Mountain View Road (casino). Michael Daker arrested.
· 3/15, 12:40 a.m. – Armed robbery at 720 N. Lacrosse Street (casino). Shannon Larive, Karmen Englert arrested
· 3/16, 9:25 p.m. -Attempted robbery at 1320 Mt Rushmore Rd (casino). Shannon Larive, Karmen Englert arrested
· 3/16, 11:25 p.m. – Armed Robbery at 1808 Mt. Rushmore Road (casino). Shannon Larive, Karmen Englert arrested
· 3/17, 10:40 a.m. – Robbery at 1625 N. Lacrosse Street (hotel). Remains under investigation.
· 3/18, 11:40 p.m. – Armed robbery at 1624 E. Saint Patrick Street (casino). Shannon Larive, Karmen Englert arrested
· 3/20, 5:05 a.m. – Robbery at 601 Mountain View Road (convenience store). Remains under investigation.
· 2/21, 10:40 p.m. – Armed robbery at 1808 Mount Rushmore Road (casino). Shannon Larive arrested
· 3/22, 5:10 p.m. – Robbery at 1109 W. Omaha Street (casino) Remains under investigation.
The police department has announced that a Robbery Strike Force has been implemented in order to investigate the open cases and prevent further business robberies. The strike force will maintain a law enforcement presence at overnight/late night businesses.
If you can present additional information on the open robbery cases, you can call Det. Dan Trainer at 394-4131. An anonymous tip can be sent by texting the letters ‘RCPD’ with the information to 847411.