Possible storms Friday, then Labor Day weekend delivers positive performance
A quick system Friday will give way to sunshine and warming conditions throughout the weekend.
- Another sunny, dry day in the forecat with two distinct changes form yesterday
- One, temperatures should hang around the mid 70s and upper 60s across the region
- Two, Northeasterly winds will be pushing moisture into the region. This will make the winds feel “cool” and very nice to those who enjoy cooler conditions
- Wyoming will see increasing clouds an thunderstorm chances overnight, these will eventually stretch into the Black Hills going into Friday morning
- Friday will feature cool temperatures, mostly cloudy skies and isolated thunderstorm chances throughout the day for most of the region
- Severe weather just isn’t on my radar…. no pun intended. A few strong thunderstorms could pop up, but these should be isolated at best.
- The best chance for strong thunderstorms appear to be late Friday evening after 8 PM. These could be centered around the Black Hills specifically because of the extra lift they would provide
- Storms will quickly end overnight, leaving some possible Foggy conditions Saturday morning
- Given easterly winds, plenty of sunshine and a possible warm up, I think a few isolated storms on Saturday in the Eastern foothills will be possible. we’ll keep track of those chances over the next 48 hours.
- The ridge will continue to build into the region going into the weekend and labor day, pushing heat and moisture into the region.
- A distinct cut-off low pressure system in the Pacific will make next weeks forecast interesting to say the least. It has the potential to feed moisture into the jet stream over a long period of time, several days to maybe even a week.
- This will lead to daily chances of showers and thunderstorms going into the middle and later portion of next week for the Black Hills, seeing as the train tracks will be moving right over us
- We’ll watch this trend, its still a little far out but the implications are starting to become more clear
ENJOY this weekend, looks like its going to be very summer like, and we deserve it. We’ll take a second look at this forecast on Friday, but so far it looks like Friday and next Tuesday will be our two areas of interest. We’ll keep an eye on it, be safe if you’re travelling this weekend! -Brant