UPDATE: Cat dies in Martin home fire
UPDATE (12/01/2020 @12:20 p.m.) — According to the Martin Volunteer Fire Department, a cat died in the fire. The fire department also believes that they have a cause of the fire.
The owner of the cat reportedly left the doors open for her animals to get out. The cause of the fire is believed to be burning incense in a back room of the home.
MARTIN, S.D. — A pet was lost in a structure fire in Martin around 8:30 Sunday morning.
Firefighters were called to 2nd Ave in Martin for a report of a structure fire. The homeowner was home when the fire started.
1 of 2. 11/29/2020, 08:32 Hrs. Structure Fire. 701 2nd Ave. Martin, SD. B-2, B-3, R-1, E-2, BC Amb, Martin Police, BCSO, Batesland Fire, Vetal Fire responding. pic.twitter.com/yvIcMwaOZB
— Martin Vol Fire Dept (@martin_vol) November 29, 2020
No injuries to firefighters or people were reported. The fire was put out and Martin units were back in service at 11:45.
Responding agencies include: the Martin Volunteer Fire Department, Bennett County Ambulance, Martin Police, Bennett County Sheriff’s Office, Batesland Fire Department, and Vetal Fire Department.