Pet dies in Box Elder home fire

BOX ELDER, S.D. – A pet has died following a house fire in Box Elder over the weekend.

The Box Elder Volunteer Fire Department was called just after midnight Sunday morning to a home in the 300 Block of Grandeur Lane for the report of a fire.

Fire was visible coming from the roof as firefighters arrived, with heavy smoke also coming from the two-story structure.

First responders held the fire to a single alarm with no spread to nearby homes.

Two people and one pet escaped with no injuries, but one animal did perish as a result. The American Red Cross is aiding the family affected by the fire.

2 6 2022 Box Elder Structure Fire

Categories: Local News, South Dakota News