Noem fields calls with Smithfield Foods employees
PIERRE, S.D. — Governor Kristi Noem held two calls with Smithfield Foods employees to talk about concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Noem held two calls with employees of the pork plant, one on Thursday, May 7 at 6 p.m. CT and the other Friday, May 8 at 10 a.m. CT.
Noem and her office spoke with every employee of the Smithfield Sioux Falls plant. The phone calls took almost two hours to complete.
The questions from the calls included:
- What an individual should do if they’ve tested positive but have no symptoms
- When the workers could return to work
- If they’ve already recovered, can they get the virus a second time
- What resources are available to them
- How they can stay up-to-date on information