NO TRAVEL ADVISED for portions of the Black Hills Friday morning
UPDATE (1/21/22 @ 8:30 a.m.): Most no travel advisories have been lifted for the Black Hills area, however slippery conditions remain in many places.
A no travel advisory is still in effect for I-90 from Ellsworth Air Force Base (Exit 67) to Wall (Exit 110).
RAPID CITY, S.D. — Due to dangerous road conditions in the area, South Dakota 511 has issued several no travel advisories for portions of the Black Hills area:
- Interstate 90 from Exit 46 (Piedmont) to Exit 110 (Wall)
- from US 385 to 11 miles west of SD-377 (Interior)
- from Keystone to SD-44 (Rapid City)
- U.S. 16B (Rapid City)
- US 18 and 385 east of Hot Springs to 15 miles north of US 18 and 385 east of Hot Springs
- 15 miles north of US 18 and 385 east of Hot Springs to 1 mile north of SD-36 (Hermosa)
- 1 mile north of SD-36 (Hermosa) to I-90 (Rapid City)
- SD-40 between Hermosa and Cheyenne River
This is a dynamic situation and NewsCenter1 will provide updates as they become available.
For a list of school closures and delays, CLICK HERE.
For a complete list of road conditions across South Dakota, CLICK HERE.