ND couple who died of carbon monoxide poisoning at Rally identified

STURGIS, S.D. (AP) — A man and a woman from North Dakota have died of carbon monoxide poisoning while camping during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally have been identified.

Meade County Sheriff Ron Merwin identified the pair as 55-year-old Daniel Baker of Arnegard, North Dakota, and 58-year-old Donna Cuccia of Turtle Lake, North Dakota.

Authorities discovered the bodies inside an enclosed trailer at the Lamphere Ranch campground on Monday.

According to Merwin, the couple had used the trailer to haul a motorcycle to the rally, then placed a mattress on the floor along with a gas-powered generator to power a cooling fan.

An Omaha, Nebraska, man also died from asphyxiation in his motor home and three motorcyclists died in crashes during Rally.

Categories: Local News, North Dakota News, Rally News, Rally Tally

AlertMe