My PLAN essay winner and honorable mentions
National American University
These students come from the local middle schools and all seem to have a grasp of what they want in the future. The My PLAN essay details where each student sees his or herself in 2030.
The overall winner was Emily Myscofski, a 7th grader from St. Thomas More. Myscofski aspires to be an engineer. She is currently the captain of the Cavaliers Computer Club. In the future, she hopes to attend the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology. In order to make her dreams come true, she wants to pursue a Master’s degree in chemical and biological engineering. Her main focus and interest are growing plants with technology.
The remaining 5 students received honorable mentions. Those students are listed below along with their school and future career goals.
- Brian Bowers, 6th grade, St. Thomas More – Engineer or Doctor
- Alexa Ham, 8th grade, Southwest Middle School – Rancher
- Reese Howard, 7th grade, West Middle School – Interior Designer
- Aaron Johnson, 8th grade, St. Thomas More – Pilot
- Abbigail Wagner, 8th grade, St. Thomas More – Physical Therapist and Business Owner
All of these people who placed on top were up against over 100 applicants. The overall winner won $250 and each of the honorable mentions received $50.