NewsCenter 1 (KNBN-TV) in Rapid City has an immediate opening for a multimedia journalist (MMJ) for an energetic small-market news team.
This position an on-air broadcast distribution focus, but has significant responsibility to generate content for NewsCenter1’s online distribution channels, including NewsCenter1.TV and our social media outlets.
Our MMJs usually function as one-man bands. Therefore, the successful applicant is a motivated, self-directed person who works well alone but functions smoothly as part of a team.
This position also develops story ideas and pitches them to the Executive Producer and Assignment Editor.
Strong writing skills and dynamic camera presence are a must.
Reports to: Executive Producer
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Shoot and cover scheduled or breaking news events, as assigned
- Write copy and edit video and sound for assigned stories for use on all of NewsCenter1’s distribution channels on air and online
- Generate story ideas, including video and interview possibilities
- Assist with writing copy for newscasts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related degree field
- 1-2 years newsroom experience, or appropriate collegiate experience
- Strong editorial judgement
- Strong written and visual storytelling skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Premiere Pro or similar non-linear editing system, electronic news production system
- Familiarity with Ross Inception newsroom computer system a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org