Kitchen fire results in student evacuations from Corral Drive, Southwest Middle School

RAPID CITY, S.D. — Students at Corral Drive and Southwest Middle School were briefly evacuated on Tuesday following a fire in the school kitchen.

The fire was the result of a cooking equipment malfunction, and was put out before fire crews arrived on-scene.

Students were allowed back in once the building was cleared. Lunch was served, however students did not eat in the cafeteria.

No injuries were reported.

Categories: Local News