KEY FACTS: SD Mines gears up to battle New Mexico Highlands for Homecoming
RAPID CITY, S.D. – The South Dakota Mines football team will host New Mexico Highlands on Saturday, Sept. 24 for Homecoming (M-Day).
The game will kick off at 2 p.m. at O’Harra Stadium in Rapid City.
The Hardrockers are hoping to start 2-0 in the RMAC for the first time in school history.
Notes on the game:
– South Dakota Mines is 1-0 in the RMAC Conference and 2-1 overall. New Mexico Highlands is 1-0 in the conference and 1-1 overall.
– This will mark the 6th meeting between these two teams. SD Mines leads the all-time series, 4-1.
– SD Mines quarterback Jayden Johannsen is eighth at the Division II level in passing yards with 319 yards per game.
– Wide receiver Jeremiah Bridges now has three consecutive games with over 100 receiving yards.
– The Hardrockers lead the nation (Division II) in passing yards per game with 384.7 yards per game.
“Expecting New Mexico Highlands to come in and be very competitive,” said SD Mines head football coach Charlie Flohr. “They’re very athletic all the way across the board. They’ve got kids coming from really all over the country. It’s going to be a great football game. They play extremely hard. They’re 1-1 right now. One and oh in the conference just like we are. So it’s going to be a great game. Great atmosphere. We wouldn’t expect anything different going into our second week of RMAC play.”