HOMEGROWN Eats – Bread Pudding
Buttermilk Bread Pudding
· Roughly 1lb worth of Leftover Bread, cake, Muffins etc.
Buttermilk Custard Ingredients
· 3 whole eggs plus 3 egg yolks, separated
· 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
· 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
· 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
· 1 teaspoon almond extract
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon lemon zest
· pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350°
Break up the leftover baked products, into greased 9”x9” baking dish.
Whisk custard ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
Pour the custard mixture over the bread and mix until well blended and custard has been absorbed into the bread.
Bake uncovered at 350° for approximately 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Top with Bananas Foster to make the desert