HOMEGROWN Eats – Mashed Butternut Squash
Mashed Butternut Squash
· 1 Large Butternut, washed split lengthwise, seeds removed
· ¼ Cup melted butter
· 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
· Salt and pepper
· ¼ Cup Heavy Cream, heated
· 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
· 1 Jalapeno Pepper (seeds removed), finely chopped
· ¼ Cup minced sweet red pepper
Lay squash, meat side up on a baking pan, coat with maple syrup and melted butter, season with salt and pepper.
Bake in a 350° oven, basting occasionally with butter until soft, approximately 40 minutes.
Scoop out squash meat into a mixing bowl, add heated cream and any remaining butter and syrup.
Blend or mash together with a fork, mix in remaining ingredients.
Makes 6 servings.