High Winds expected in the Black Hills Region late Saturday, early Sunday
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a HIGH WIND WARNING for Rapid City and areas East of the Black Hills
- High winds are expected to cross the Black Hills Region starting 9 PM in SE Montana pushing into the Black hills by 10 pm-12 am tonight.
- Winds could gust up to 70 MPH from the Northwest in the lee of the Black Hills, along I-90 from around Sturgis to Wall, SD.
- A Wind Advisory has been issued for areas North and farther east of the Black Hills for up to 60 MPH gusts from the northwest tonight into Sunday.
- Winds could be associated with rain/snow showers by Sunday morning/afternoon.
- High winds should subside by Sunday afternoon – but things will be much more chilly with temperatures in the 30s and 40s for highs.
- Stay with newscenter1 for the latest.