High Wind bulletins issued for Rapid City and portions of the Black Hills
Wind gusts over 60 MPH will be possible Thursday morning through Thursday evening, which combined with cooler temperatures could lead to bitter wind chill factors
- The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a High Wind Warning and High Wind Watch for portions of the Black Hills Region Thursday morning through Thursday evening.
- Winds out of the northwest could gust up to or exceed 60 MPH in the highlighted areas, this includes the I-90 corridor.
- A Wind Advisory is also in effect Wednesday for areas just North and East of the Black Hills for gusts up to 50 MPH.
- Sustained winds of 30-40 MPH will be possible Thursday afternoon.
- Wind chill factors in the 20s are possible during the day, with teens in the overnight hours.
- Bundle up, and make sure any loose objects on your property are properly secure!