Helpline Center to host ‘Volunteers on Tap’ Event
The Helpline Center is kicking off fall with an interactive volunteer event that can include the whole family.
RAPID CITY, S.D. — The 211 helpline is hosting the ‘Volunteers on Tap’ event on Thursday, September 19th from 5-7 p.m., where anyone can attend the evening of volunteering at the Garage, downtown Rapid City. Area non profits will be representing their agencies to potential volunteers all while leading hands-on projects, including making homemade laundry detergent for Life Inc., and assembling food boxes for Volunteers of America.
Organizers say it’s a twofold event and a great way to spend happy hour.
Audrey Nordine, Helpline Center, Black Hills Program Coordinator, says, “We have the opportunity for two hours to showcase those that you can be connected too, giving people the opportunity to volunteer and give back. But it’s also an opportunity to showcase volunteer connections and the ways you can get involved throughout the entire year.”
Each feminine product donation will receive a free tap drink ticket for Miner Brewing Company who will be serving tap beer that evening for those 21 and over. Families with kids are welcome.
- assembling layettes for newborns to include basic first need products to benefit Black Hills Pregnancy Center
- making homemade laundry detergent to benefit clients of Life Inc. (Love Inc.’s program)
- crafting meaningful messages to be sent to both area veterans and deployed service members throughout the year
- assembling food boxes for Volunteers of America, Northern Rockies food pantry
- creating dog toys to benefit area programs serving our furriest friends
DIY projects are also available to put together all year round. You can donate/deliver the projects to the organizations yourself or drop them off at the Helpline Center. Dial 211 to coordinate a drop off time.