Friday Morning Road Conditions & Forecast: Snow ends late this morning
Snow continues to fall across portions of our area, creating slick road conditions and low visibility at times
For a list of School Delays/Closing, you can check HERE
- Snow will continue this morning, tapering off by the lunch hour and clearing out by the afternoon and evening.
- Temperatures will be on the cooler side, sticking to the high teens for the most part – a few lucky areas getting to the low 20s.
- The Pink and White indicates snow covered roads this morning, which encompasses most of the Black Hills and areas South of I-90 towards the river.
- Road conditions are slick along I-90 through Northeastern Wyoming, with better conditions as you approach Gillette.
- Things will quickly improve this morning snow-wise, but with winds starting to pick up out of the Southwest there could be areas of drifting snow – use caution.
Here are some road conditions across the region.
- Rapid City, I-90
- Spearfish I-90
- Wall, I-90
- Crazy Horse, US-16 – US-385
- Fairburn, SD-79
- Batesland, US-18
- Things in Wyoming should calm down by late morning, with a few snow showers leftover in South Dakota.
- Those snow bands will start to dissipate towards the lunch hour and push East, leaving chilly but dry conditions.
- Things will improve for this weekend, with dry conditions expected for the most part.
- There is a chance for a few snow showers Saturday into Sunday, but these will be isolated and should have little impacts.
- Much colder temperatures next week expected, with highs possibly in the single digits by Wednesday.
Be safe out there! and send in your pictures if you have them! you can send them here >>> NC1.tv/upload
Thanks all! -Brant