Forecast Discussion: Storms leave by Wednesday, beautiful weather ahead
Showers and thunderstorms will stay in the forecast through Tuesday morning, but a big pattern change is in store for midweek going into the weekend
- A few morning thundershowers will give way to dry and sunny conditions this afternoon.
- Temperatures will generally be in the 60s and 70s, with a few warmer spots as you head East of the Black Hills.
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms will return to the Black Hills by this evening, with most severe weather staying South and East of our region.
- Tuesday morning will have a few showers lingering on the South Dakota side of things, with cooler temperatures and breezy conditions from the Northwest.
- Once we hit Tuesday night into Wednesday, we’ll be looking at a distinct pattern shift that will introduce dry, sunny weather across the region.
- Temperatures are expected to warm into this weekend as a ridge of high pressure builds into the northern plains.
- The first chances of a few afternoon thunderstorms looks to hold off until Sunday… for now.
- After the wild week we’ve had, this will be a nice break in the action and give us a chance to enjoy a little bit of Summer.
- Thanks to EVERYONE who sent in storm reports, you made a difference and hopefully we wont need many storm reports this week… be safe out there! – Brant