Flooding leads to state park closures
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Several state park and public water access areas are closing, particularly those near Sioux Falls and the Big Sioux River.
The closures include the following parks and water access areas, effective immediately:
- Beaver Creek Nature Area near Valley Springs
- Big Sioux Recreation Area near Brandon
- Palisades State Park near Garretson
- Lake Alvin near Harrisburg
- 9 Mile near Lake Alvin
- Klondike north of Canton
- McKee near Newton Hills
- Fish near Fairview
- Oakridge south of Fairview
- Bent River east of Alcester
- Cut-Off Bend
- Willow Run east of Spink
- Ryan east of Elk Point
The areas will be closed to the public until flooding subsides and the areas are usable again.
Additionally, Custer State Park announced a number of road closures due to poor road conditions from spring thaw, including American Center Road and the west portion of Oak Draw Road.