FIVE KEY FACTS: Black Hills State set to host SD Mines in men’s basketball
SPEARFISH, S.D. – Black Hills State will host South Dakota Mines on Tuesday in men’s basketball.
The game will tip off at 7 p.m. at the Young Center.
It will air on our sister station, ConnectCenter1 (Channel 21.2).
The game will also be streamed live on NC1.tv.
This will mark the second meeting of the season between these two teams.
The Yellow Jackets defeated the Hardrockers back on Nov. 28 by a score of 78-58.
Five key facts about the game
1. The Yellow Jackets are 113-92 all time against the Hardrockers, having won the last three matchups and is 9-2 over the last 11 games.
2. Black Hills State is 10-1 in the RMAC conference and 16-1 overall. South Dakota Mines is 5-7 in the conference and 6-12 overall.
3. The Hardrockers are led by Brevin Walter who’s averaging 21.3 points per game followed by Alejandro Rama wtih 17.6 points. Meanwhile, Joel Scott leads the Yellow Jackets with 22.5 points per game and 10.1 rebounds per game.
“Nobody stops Joel Scott,” said SD Mines men’s basketball coach Eric Glenn. “He’s going to get his points and he’s going to find ways to do it. You kind of just hope you limit some of his touches and not allow him to get some of those things. But I think a lot of those times, you put to much focus on him and allow some of the other guys to get going. So I think we have to put a bigger focus on some of the other guys, as well. Ragsdale is another nice part for them that adds another dynamic player on the floor. But there’s definitely some things you can do defensively with them.”
4. South Dakota Mines is currently riding a two-game losing streak. Black Hills State has won three in a row.
5. Black Hills State is ranked fifth in the latest D2SIDA National Poll.