Fire crews respond to small grease fire at Crazy Horse School

WANBLEE S.D. – Classes will resume as normal on Monday morning after a fire was contained by the sprinkler system at at Crazy Horse School in Wanblee.

According to Jon Schiedslaw with the Deputy Director of Oglala Sioux Tribe Emergency Management, just after 3 a.m. on Sunday, multiple agencies were called to Crazy Horse School a report of a fire. When crews arrived, they found a small grease fire in the kitchen which had been put out by the school’s sprinkler system.

Schiedslaw continued to say that the kitchen received light smoke damage, and that crews were able to air out the kitchen and mop up the fire. He said the incident will not effect school on Monday.

The Kadoka Volunteer Fire Department, the Martin Volunteer Fire Department, Oglala Sioux Tribe Emergency Management, and the Oglala Sioux Tribe Department of Public Safety all responded to the call.

 

Categories: Local News, South Dakota News

More: