Fall River Health Services gives away $1,000 scholarships
HOT SPRINGS, S.D. — Fall River Health Services is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a 2022 graduate in Fall River County. This is the fourth year that they’ve provided this scholarship to a graduate.
The graduate is planning on attending an accredited college, university or trade school to pursue a career in healthcare.
Fall River Health Services is also offering a $1,000 scholarship to one of their employee’s children that is interested in a career in the healthcare field.
All youth graduating from Fall River County high schools or home school programs are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Must be graduating high school senior from a Fall River County High School or home school program.
- Must be accepted to attend a post-secondary institution beginning in the fall of 2022. (This may include a Technical Institution)
- Must be actively involved with improving community health through volunteerism/employment.
- Must submit an essay of 500-1,000 words on the topic: Why am I interested in the healthcare field?
- Must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
After meeting the criteria, selection will be based on the essay, GPA, financial need, activities promoting a healthy lifestyle and volunteerism/employment in a healthcare field:
- Essay: 30%
- GPA: 5%
- Financial need: 10%
- Activities promoting a healthy lifestyle: 30%
- Volunteerism/employment in a healthcare field: 25%
Applicants must also submit a copy of the acceptance letter to a school or installation, a letter of recommendation from a community member certifying the applicant’s interest or activity in healthcare, the essay they wrote and a transcript with their GPA.
Fall River Health Services continue its mission to promote and grow the healthcare profession in its community by providing these scholarships every year.
For more information go to www.frhssd.org/scholarship, applications must be postmarked by May 2, 2022.