DOH: Super 8 employee may have exposed customers to COVID-19
PIERRE, S.D. — South Dakota State Health Officials announced Saturday, May 16, that an employee at Super 8 on 2520 Tower Road in Rapid City has tested positive for COVID-19.
The individual worked while able to transmit the virus to others during these specific days and times:
- Wednesday, April 29th – 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Thursday, April 30th – 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, May 2nd– 7 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Sunday, May 3rd – 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. and 11 p.m- midnight
- Monday, May 4th– 12 a.m.- 7 a.m.
State Health officials remind all South Dakotans to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Individuals at higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness, such as older adults and people who have chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease, should take actions to reduce your risk of exposure.
- Create a family plan to prepare for COVID-19 and develop a stay at home kit with food, water, medication, and other necessary items.
If you develop symptoms:
- Call your health care provider immediately.
- Individuals who are concerned they have COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider via phone before going to a clinic or hospital to prevent spread in healthcare facilities.
- Avoid contact with other people.
- Follow the directions of your provider and public health officials.