DOH: Customer at Sioux Falls business may have exposed others to COVID-19
PIERRE, S.D. — A customer of a Sioux Falls business has tested positive for COVID-19 and may have exposed others to the virus.
According to the South Dakota Department of Health, a customer of Planet Fitness in Sioux Falls, located at 1509 West 41st Street, has tested positive for COVID-19 and may have exposed others at the business to the coronavirus.
The individual visited the business while able to transmit the virus to others during the following times:
- May 23 from 5:15 pm -7:00 pm
- May 26 from 5:30 pm -7:00 pm
Due to the risk of exposure, customers who have visited the business during the above dates and times should monitor their symptoms for 14 days after the time they visited the business.
State Health officials remind all South Dakotans to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Individuals at higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness, such as older adults and people who have chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease, should take actions to reduce your risk of exposure.
- Create a family plan to prepare for COVID-19 and develop a stay at home kit with food, water, medication, and other necessary items.
If you develop symptoms:
- Call your health care provider immediately.
- Individuals who are concerned they have COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider via phone before going to a clinic or hospital to prevent spread in healthcare facilities.
- Avoid contact with other people.
- Follow the directions of your provider and public health officials.