Digital News-Multimedia Journalist
NewsCenter 1 (KNBN-TV) in Rapid City has an immediate opening for a talented multimedia journalist (MMJ) to join their digital team.
This position has a digital distribution focus, utilizing NewsCenter1’s website and social media platforms, following AP Style. This position also works closely with NewsCenter1’s non-network distribution system, ConnectCenter1, to livestream news and community events.
This position also has production responsibilities during NewsCenter1’s broadcast newscasts.
The successful applicant is a motivated, self-directed person who works well alone but functions smoothly as part of a team.
Strong writing skills are a must.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Write stories from local and national sources for NewsCenter1’s website
- Assist with newsgathering, performing duties such as calling police or fire contacts in breaking news situations
- Schedule distribution of NewsCenter1 stories on social media platforms using best social media practices
- Livestream news and community events
- Work with production department on newscasts as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related degree field
- 1-2 years newsroom experience, or appropriate collegiate experience
- Strong editorial judgement
- Strong written and visual storytelling skills
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Premiere Pro or similar non-linear editing system, electronic news production system
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org