Digital Content Producer
NewsCenter1 is seeking a Digital Content Producer to play a pivotal role in helping our TV station develop content that will engage and grow our audience.
NewsCenter1 is the Black Hills’ only locally-owned television station. We create some of the most unique video and digital storytelling in the region. Over the last six months, our digital audience has exploded with more readers than ever, interacting and sharing our content across various platforms.
The Digital Content Producer position will play an essential role in our digital growth as they will create everything from breaking news to listicles to live events.
The Digital Content Producer will help NewsCenter1 be great across many platforms including apps, social media, newsletters, and video. We’re looking for someone who has digital skills but also
understands quality journalism and enjoys writing.
Here are some specific things you would do:
● Write, edit, and publish daily content across a variety of topics that are relevant to Rapid City and South Dakota readers.
● Optimize each story for search using SEO best practices.
● Actively engage our audience across social media channels with strategies that build traffic but also encourage participation.
● Find important and useful stories for our audience and be great at aggregating them into content our audience wants.
● Use systems like Google Analytics and Chartbeat to learn what our audience wants more of (and what they want less of).
● Coordinate with reporters, helping build out their stories for digital, working with them on story formats, interactives, and more.
Requirements & Skills
● Degree in journalism, communications, or social media; preferred experience at a newspaper, digital-only news site or TV station.
● Knowledgeable in web management, social media tools, HTML, Flash, and Photoshop
● Proficiency in Associated Press style
● Understanding of SEO and social media channels
● Journalistic judgment and skills including the ability to write news copy
● Deadline driven
● Great communicator
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 9- hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.