Deputies save woman from ‘accidental overdose’ in Hermosa
HERMOSA, S.D. – Deputies helped a woman who they say accidentally took too many prescription medications.
Deputies Heath Lowry and Carl Maude were called about a possible overdose Oct. 3. Ten minutes later, they found a woman on Main Street in need of help.
According to the Custer County Sheriff’s Office, the woman had trouble breathing and appeared to be in medical crisis.
Lowry administered a dose of Naloxone aka Narcan – a nasal spray medicine known to block the effects of opioids. Soon, the victim was alert and able to communicate.
A similar situation happened last month in Box Elder when officers investigated a suspected opiate overdose.