Deadwood lets the good times roll with Mardi Gras celebrations
DEADWOOD, S.D. — Deadwood is bringing the bayou to you this weekend. The Mardi Gras festivities officially kicked off Friday night with more in store on Saturday.
Between 2 and 4 p.m., visitors can sample free Cajun food at several restaurants downtown including:
- Six String at Deadwood Mountain Grand – 1906 Deadwood Mountain Grand Dr.
- Three Cousins Pizza at Iron Horse – 27 Deadwood Street
- Mavericks Steaks & Cocktails/Gold Dust Casino – 688 Main Street
- Buffalo Bodega – 658 Main Street
- Deadwood Social Club/Saloon #10 – 657 Main Street
- Snitches at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort – 555 Lower Main Street
Then at 7 p.m., the parade commences down Main Street and they’ve got plenty of beads to shell out.
“We have almost 100,000 sets of beads and we’re throwing them all out tonight and tomorrow night. Then come back to the Franklin Hotel because we have a band straight from Louisiana and they are playing zydeco music for us,” said Amanda Kille, with the Deadwood Chamber.
Transportation is available within city limits via the Deadwood Trolley. Other options for transportation in the local area are available as well. Visit here for more information.