- Black Hills Federal Credit Union will be closing its lobbies to walk-in traffic until further notice. However, members can still take advantage of the drive-up service that will be available starting Friday, March 20. The service will be open from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Monday through Friday and 8 A.M. to 1 P.M. on Saturday.
- Highmark Federal Credit Untion will be closing all lobbies, effective tomorrow morning, March 20th, and will reopen as soon as possible. All Drive-Thrus will remain open for now.
Business Closings/Restricted Hours
- South Dakota State Railroad Museum- Annual Hill City Antique/Railroad Sale and Evaluation Days
- Bear Country USA has announced the cancellation of CubFest 2020
- Menards store hours will be Monday-Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to accommodate store cleaning and sanitizing.
- Midco will be closing it’s 13 Customer Experience Centers by the end of the business day on Friday, March 20. The CXCs will remain closed until guidance on public gatherings has been lifted.
- Deadwood Mountain Grand is suspending operations. Santana’s Sports Bar and Grill, Six String Restaurant and all casino table games will close at 10 pm on Friday, March 20th. Slots will remain operational through 3 am Sunday, March 22nd and the hotel will close at 11 am on Monday, March 23rd.
- The leaders of Diocese of Rapid City and the Diocese of Sioux falls have suspended public Masses until further notice.
- The First Congregational Church UCC of Belle Fourche and the St. Onge UCC will not hold public worship services this Sunday (3-15-2020) or next Sunday (3-22-2020).
- Catholic Social Services has announced the cancellation of Palm Sunday scheduled for March 5.
- Trinity Lutheran Church will not be holding services on Wednesday March 18, Thursday March 19, or Sunday March 22. However, you can listen to the service at 8:30 on KOTA 1380.
- First Congregational Church in Rapid City – worship services are cancelled for March 22 and March 29
- Connection Church Sturgis will be holding Facebook Live worship services on Sundays at 10:00 a.m.
- The Saturday, March 21st performance by Foreigner at Deadwood Mountain Grand has been postponed
- South Dakota Municipal League District Meetings- Canceled
- BanFF Mountain Film Festival- Canceled
- The Black Hills Retired School Personnel meeting at the first Congregational Church-Canceled
- The Rapid City Garden Club meeting at the Canyon Lake Activity Center on March 26, 2020 has been cancelled.
- Catholic Social Services has cancelled this year’s Palm Sunday brunch, scheduled for April 5th.
- The City of Deadwood Historic Preservation Office will be cancelling the workshop scheduled for March 18, 2020, in Deadwood at the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center
- NAJA Shrine Circus in Rapid City, scheduled for May 1st through the 3rd, indefinitely postponed.
- Bennett, Gregory, Tripp & Todd County Court Offices closing at 2:00 local time today 3/19/2020. Expected to reopen at 8:00 a.m. 3/20/20.
- Crazy Horse Memorial will be closed from March 25 to April 7 and will continue to monitor the situation to advise the public of their status.
- Rapid City Hall – Beginning Monday, March 23, City Hall offices will be closed to the public.
- Sturgis Area Arts Council- March “History at High Noon”- Cancelled
Sturgis Easter Cantata has been canceled and scheduled events remain fluid at this time.
- Sturgis Area Arts Council- Bookshelf Journeyers Book Club- cancelled
- Humane Society of the Black Hills- Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, the Humane Society of the Black Hills will be closed for two weeks.
- Sturgis Public Library- closed
- Sturgis Community Center- closed
- Roosevelt Swim Center- closed until further notice
- Roosevelt Park Ice Arena- closed until further notice
- Spearfish Recreation and Aquatics Center- closed through next week
- Grace Balloch Memorial Library-closed through next week
- Spearfish City Hall-closed through next week
- Lead Deadwood St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Olympics and Parade are canceled.
- Dahl Arts Center- Closed March 16-March 22.
- The Rapid City Garden Club at the Canyon Lake Activity Center on March, 26- canceled.
- Deadwood- Real Estate workshop at the Homestake Adams Research and Cultural Center- canceled.
- Deadwood- The Days of ’76 Museum- closed until further notice.
- Lead City Hall – closed to the public. Normal business (licenses, permits, complaint, comments, questions) can be done via the telephone or e-mail.
- The Friday, April 17th performance by Larry the Cable Guy at Deadwood Mountain Grand has been postponed until Friday, September 4th.
- The Black Hills National Cemetery
- Flags and Flowers, 10:00 A.M., Sunday, April 5, 2020, Postponed until further notice
- Unaccompanied Veterans Memorial Service, 9:00 A.M., Monday, April 6, 2020, Postponed until 9:00 A.M., Monday, July 6, 2020.
- Vietnam Veterans Commemoration, Friday, March 27, 2020, Postponed until further notice
- The Journey Museum and Learning Center is temporarily closed to the public for the health and safety of our staff and guests
- Effective Monday, March 30, 2020, the Pennington County Administrative Buildings will be restricted to public access. The restriction will remain in effect until further notice.
- First Peoples Fund -In response to restrictions imposed by the Oglala Sioux Tribe and the Rapid City Mayor’s Office, FPF’s physical offices are closed. FPF is still fully operational with staff working remotely. (This includes temporarily discontinuing the use of space for outside groups.)
- Monument Health has closed all of their hospitals and clinics to visitors. Some exceptions to the policy include patients in Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatrics, as well as children in the Emergency Department, where patients will continue to be allowed one visitor at a time. In addition, patients in hospice care or receiving end-of-life treatment will be allowed special exceptions to this visitor policy.
Nursing Home Closings
- Sturgis Senior Center- Closed through Friday- Senior Center /Thrift Store until further notice
- Minneluzahan Senior Citizens Center- 2020 Senior Citizens Prom scheduled for March 14-Canceled.
Rapid City Public Library
- Closed North Branch at General Beadle School until at least April 13
- The downtown public library is closed to the general public to combat the spread of COVID-19. However, it will provide services from the drive-through window only, through April 10. The drive-thru will be open Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., and Friday – Sunday, 9:30 a.m. -6:30 p.m.
- Behavior Management Systems- Restriction start- 3-13-20; Restriction end-4-1-20
- For Appointments in all locations, Please stay home if not feeling well, call the office and your appointment will be rescheduled.
- No Visitors to Full Circle Program until further notice
- No Visitors to Transitional Program until further notice
- Pennington County State’s Attorney’s Office- Restriction start-3-13-20; Restriction end- until further notice
- The State’s Attorney’s Office has effectuated a partial closure for your safety and ours. We are not allowing visitors to the office at this time.
- Please call 394-2191, email, or Message us on Facebook @ PenningtonSAO if you have questions.
- Community Health Center of the Black Hills-Restriction start-3-12-20; Restriction end- until further notices
- We are currently not seeing walk-in patients. Patients needing a same day appointment should call (605) 721-8939. Only scheduled patients and patients picking up prescriptions will be seen at this point.
- Pennington County Veteran Service Office-Restriction start-03-12-20- Restriction end- until further notice
- If you’re coming to see a Veterans Service Officer, please call first, even if you have an appointment.
- We have made arrangements to provide appointments without you having to leave your home. Please contact Pennington County Veterans Service Office at 605-394-2266 with any questions you might have and to schedule an appointment.
- Pennington County Health and Human Services- Restriction start- 03-12-20; Restriction end-
- Health and Human Services will no longer provide emergency walk-in appointments for Economic Assistance.
- We ask that you contact Health and Human Services at 605-394-2156 to schedule an appointment.
- We have made arrangements to provide appointments without you having to leave your home. Please contact Health and Human Services at 605-394-2156 with any questions you might have and to schedule an appointment.
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
- Effective Tuesday, March 17th, all visitors to the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, Rapid City Rush, and Mortenson Construction will need to enter on the West Side of the building through the Vast Entrance located nearest the Fine Arts Theatre. Guests looking to speak to the box office can do so at the Administrative offices also located on the West side of the venue.
- Baby Shark Live-Postponed
- Sweet Adelines Rocky Mountain Region 8 Competition- Cancelled
- AAU State Wrestling Tournament- cancelled
- Youth and Family Services Kids Fair- postponed and rescheduled for Nov. 6-8 2020
- The April 8th performance of Masterchef Junior Live! at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center- postponed
- March 31st performance of the Sultans of String- canceled
- The Rapid City Concert Association’s March 31 Sultans of String concert at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Fine Arts Theater has been cancelled
- Organizers of the West River Pool 8-Ball Team Tournament announced the postponement of their tournament scheduled for March 20th and 21st.
- The Shen Yun performances at The Rushmore Plaza Civic Center scheduled for March 23 and 24, 2020 are being postponed. Rescheduled dates will be announced shortly.
- Masterchef Jr. Live! has officially rescheduled to Wednesday, November 11 at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
- BHAR’s Board of Directors have decided to cancel the April 1st Membership Breakfast.
- The May 13th Day of Excellence event at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center has been postponed.
- All schools in the State of South Dakota were ordered to close at the direction of Gov. Kristi Noem, who says schools will remain closed through May 1
- West and South Middle Schools Community Gyms- All programming canceled
- All schools on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation- closed from March 16-May 1st.
SDHSAA Canceled/Postponed Events
- Class “B” Girls State Basketball tournament-postponed
- Class “A” Girls State Basketball tournament-postponed
- Class “AA” Girls State Basketball tournament-postponed
- Student Council Convention-cancelled
- Regional Music contests-cancelled
- All-State Band-cancelled
- South Dakota Public Universities have cancelled all in-person classes for the rest of the semester and postponed graduation ceremonies during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Dakota State University will be postponing classes and moving to online formats and cancelling all events through April 13.
- Western Dakota Tech on-campus classes, public events are cancelled from March 14-March 22. WDT will continue online coursework.
- The University of South Dakota will move online for all of its institutions.
- South Dakota Mines has extended Spring Break one week and campus will be closed March 15-21 with employees working remotely. All events are canceled through March 29.
- The Black Hills State University Graduate Exhibition which was originally scheduled to be on display in the Adelstein Gallery from March 20 through May 2, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce’s 2020 Black & White Soiree and Annual Banquet Awards.
- SD DOH: 369 new COVID-19 cases, two deaths statewide
- 73 new Wyoming COVID-19 cases, no deaths
- Gov. Noem announces plan for allocation of CARES Act funding community based healthcare providers
- CDC drops controversial testing advice that caused backlash
- SD DOH: 389 new COVID-19 cases, five deaths statewide