Catholic Social Services establishing COVID-19 relief fund for families
RAPID CITY, S.D. — The Catholic Social Services (CSS) and the Diocese of Rapid City, along with the blessing of Diocesan Administrator Father Michael Mulloy, have announced the installation of a COVID-19 response fund for western South Dakota families.
CSS will allocate the funds and will prioritize applications from western South Dakotan households that meet one or more of the following conditions:
- A household member who has a positive test for COVID-19, which has adversely impacted the family’s income.
- Temporarily lost employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has adversely impacted the family’s income.
- Health care providers in the family whose employment has resulted in financial hardships for the family.
- Lost income due to a lack of childcare.
- Members with pre-existing medical conditions that has caused them to self-quarantine, resulting in financial hardship for the family.
- CSS has limited financial resources at this point that will depend on the available number of applicants.
If you would like to apply for assistance, visit the CSS website.