BoBtanical Pantry – Turkey/Chicken Vegetable Soup
Turkey / Chicken Vegetable Soup
1 Tbsp Butter
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1-medium onion – Finely Diced
2 quarts chicken broth
3 carrots halved length wise and sliced
3 large potatoes cut in cubes
3 stalks of celery – thinly sliced
1 cup green beans
4 cups turkey/chicken cubed
1 cup peas or other vegetables
15 ounce can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and then add onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook 5-6 minutes or until soft, season with salt and pepper.
- Add Turkey/Chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and potatoes to pot and bring to simmer.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Taste and add salt & pepper as desired.
- Stir in peas, beans, and other vegetables and cook 5 minutes more.