BoBtanical Pantry – Sparkling Hot Pepper Jelly
Sparkling Hot Pepper Jelly
Peppers: Use yellow, red or orange peppers to give a colorful jelly.
- Green peppers may turn brownish, so avoid them if possible
1 1/2 cups chopped sweet peppers
- Bell, sweet banana, sweet roasting peppers like Carmen
1/2 cup chopped hot peppers
- red jalapeños, Cascabella, Mariachi or Chili peppers like Anaheim
1 1/2 cups cider or apple juice
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
Low sugar pectin with sugar or sweetener as directed (I use 1/3 cup of Dutch Jell Lite pectin and 2-3 cups of sugar)
- Adjust the amounts of hot and sweet peppers to suit your preferences to make 2 cups of peppers. The combination above is mildly hot.
- Use directions on pectin box. (Bring to a boil, boil until the mixture becomes syrupy, usually 2-5 minute)
- Dispense into jars, wipe rims clean, apply lids heated in boiling water and adjust rings finger tight.
- Place jars into hot water in a water bath canner.
- Cover jars with hot water 1” deep.
- Bring to a boil and boil 10 minutes.
- Take canner off heat and remove jars.
- Place any jars that don’t seal in the refrigerator.